On Monday, Andrea drove over from Montana to spend a couple of days hanging out with our new family. I was so excited that she was coming that I could hardly contain myself and kept continually texting her to see how close she was getting to our house. When she finally arrived it was close to 10:30pm... which gave us only a little of time to talk before I had to head to bed. I cant seem to shake the feeling that I HAVE to sleep when Jayden is sleeping. I just know that if I dont go to sleep when she is sleeping then, I wont get hardly any sleep at all.
The next morning, we maneuvered our way to Keli's house to drop off Jayden before heading to Spokane. I was jittery with excitement and was spastic while at Keli's. Poor Jayden had no idea what got into her Mommy. After I left, I felt bad about my abrupt departure. Next time I definitely will take more time and properly say my goodbyes. I was just so excited.
When we finally made it to Spokane, we immediately headed to the Visitor Center. Andrea and I were excited to explore Spokane and not just its mall. We found several places that we wanted to see and things that we wanted to do while in town. There was a huge variety of things on our list of things to do and they ranged from getting our eyebrows shaped to seeing the Spokane Falls (both of which we accomplished). We also ended up riding the Gondola and walking "several" blocks to a tasty offbeat Thai restaurant. It was really fun to visit Spokane and do more than just shop.
Yet, we couldn't totally avoid the shopping (I live in Moses Lake after all... and have very little shopportunities). So, we ended up shopping at two of our most favorite stores: Nordstroms and Nordstroms Rack. In a way, shopping was a disaster. I am easily 4 sizes bigger than I was pre-Jayden. It was not fun to try on clothes that I used to look good in and look awful instead. Still, I did persevere and find a pair of dress pants and a couple of shirts to wear to work that will help get me through this awkward stage. I would rather buy new clothes than to prance around in my old clothes while sporting a not so attractive muffin top. It was nice to have Andrea with me to give me several moral boosters throughout the clothes shopping process. Although, I am certain that she did get tired of my whining.... even though she never showed it. That is the mark of a good friend.
By the time we arrived back in Soap Lake it was about 9pm. It was a strange feeling to have left Jayden for that long and Shaun was VERY relieved to have us home. Yet, it was an excellent time catching up with everything going on in Andrea's life and being able to have girl time.
Since yesterday was such an incredibly busy day, Andrea and I spent most of today watching a movie and relaxing in our sweats. Jayden also seemed to have had a busy day yesterday because she, too, has been content to cuddle and sleep for most of the day.
Sadly, Andrea did have to leave today and drive back to Missoula. I wish that she didn't have to leave already... but I am so excited that she came at all!
Happy 11th Birthday Oliver Boliver
5 months ago
1 comment:
sounds like a much needed little get away! :) Nice!
Post a Comment